Module 1: Basic Blogging

Posted in Reflections, and Tech Practice

I love the idea of collecting all of my projects in this blog!

Getting started is the hardest part…

What are my biggest challenges with technology?

I tend to think that working with technology takes too much extra time, especially during the school year when I’m already overwhelmed. This is why the summer offering of this class is particularly appreciated. I also tend to shrink away from sharing what I know, because I think there’s probably someone who knows more than me. This will also be tested because I have been asked to present my experiences with Jumpstart to other teachers in my district in the fall.

Why bother learning more about technology?

Specifically, I believe that science uses tech tools on a regular basis, and it is good for students to experience what they could see again later in a career. That’s why technology is important to share, so that students can develop 21st century skills. If they use these while they are learning, then when they get a job, they can be familiar with tools and get that edge over someone who has not been exposed before. I had students last year who struggled using Google tools and those are ubiquitous! Imagine the confidence they acquire when feeling comfortable applying technology and solving problems for their employer.

How will I use blogging in my own classroom?

I have 2 ideas for blogs next year. The first would be in science classes, where after completion of a lab, we would input our findings and reflections and include a graph or picture related to the work.

The second idea I have is for the group trip I will lead to Costa Rica and Panama in summer 2024. It would be a great place to share upcoming news, have discussion areas for parents and caregivers, and just be available to answer questions at any time.

Skip to toolbar